Thursday, December 07, 2006

Hamilton - Baker

I say this basically jokingly, but, it occurred to me over the last couple of days.

Lee Hamilton - retired representative from Indiana - Democrat

James A Baker III - retired from a number of several appointed government positions - Republican.

Recently co-chairs of the Iraq Study Group whose report came out yesterday - Wednesday Dec 6th.

Wonder what would be the reaction if someone would float the proposition of them as a presidential - vice presidential team.

I think it was David Brooks; I think that's his name; the guy who does political commentary on the News Hour with Jim Lerher on Fridays with Mark Shields. I think it was him who about a week or so ago; mentioned Lee Hamilton as someone he'd like to see run for president.

Whether it was him or not (but, I think it was); and/or whoever it was. I think that's an interesting thought.

Since the release of their report. It occurred to me - what a team.

Hamilton - Presidential Candidate

Baker - Vice Presidential Candidate

One reason this really appeals to me is that - every so often you hear someone commenting on politics mention that "they're in need of some adult supervision up there" - well, when that thought occurred to me recently, (mainly concerning the situation in Iraq). I went through my head, trying to figure who'd be some good consultants to bring in right now. And, frankly, the thought occurred to me that this country almost seems to be 'fresh out of grown-ups' - I've pretty well been a fan of both Lee Hamilton and of James Baker to the extent that I've been able to observe their public lives. If someone who might be listened to, were to recommend the Hamilton, Baker ticket. I'd be curious to see the reaction.

Ya gotta admit; there's a good sound to it -

Hamilton - Baker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tweet