Wednesday, November 01, 2006

voting......comment

C-zone

hmmm......

Had a weird experience earlier today - 1 Nov. I was watching Court TV and half-way paying attention during a commercial break. However, something caught my attention. It was a commercial for Glen Beck who has a relatively new show on CNN Headline News primetime. I've never watched it very much, although I do watch quite a bit of CNN. This show is just something that I haven't watched much at all since it first started a while back. Sometimes if I'm flicking channels depending on who his guest may be, I'll stay tuned for a couple of minutes, but, not very long.

Anyway, what caught my attention was his use of the phrase "VOTE AMERICAN!"

My 3rd post on this blog; and in fact the 1st post on this blog following two that simply spell out that I'm new to the Blog world and not certain what form my blog will take; was just that -

A single, simple post that says "VOTE AMERICAN"

I also say - register Independent.

During this commercial, he went on to say - 'forget about all this Democrat, Republican Party stuff' or something of that nature. Similar in meaning to my comment - register Independent.

hmmmm.......

That was weird.

I obviously don't have a whole lot on my blog as of yet. In fact the post I'm referring about VOTE AMERICAN; is one of the reasons that I actually decided to go ahead and start it up.

It's a phrase and concept that I'd been thinking about for a little over a month when I posted it on October 19th. Actually, just after midnight on Oct 18th.

I've never heard that phrase or the concept expressed like that before. It's something that I've felt like I'd like to see spread around some. But, I'm limited in how to get things like that out. Again, that's one of the reasons I started the blog; to get some things out in writing.

Oh well. Since I don't suppose that too many folks have viewed this blog; I guess that I couldn't expect that I'd been ripped-off. However, I kind of feel that way.

Anyway, I like the message.

Register Independent
VOTE AMERICAN
take care

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Anonymous:

That's a bogus comment.

Dave

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya Dave! I didn't have any trouble getting your blog to come up either time - all I had to do was click on the original link. I'm not sure why other people would be having a problem ...

I'm pleased to tell you that I *did* VOTE AMERICAN!! If you know what a hard-core Democrat I have always been, you'll be shocked and amazed to know that I did actually vote for two Republicans this time. I'm hopeful that we'll soon see improvements for the better, but the realist in me knows that all good things take time.

Take care, Dave!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Howdy 1096,

Thanks for the note. You make a good point about we should be hoping for improvements over time. At least at this point.

I don't remember ever being so disillusioned at the crop of politicians. I kind of feel like after the last few years; more folks are going to start paying more attention to what happens in D.C. and I guess rightfully so.

Thanks and take care

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tweet