Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Momentary Mental Dyslexia

This is a phrase I came up with a couple of years ago. I suppose I can say that it's a phrase I've coined, because, I've never heard it anywhere else. That was one of the reasons I wanted to start this blog; to put certain things on record.

Momentary Mental Dyslexia

Kind of hard to define; I have a few thoughts on how to go about defining it; but, nothing that quite says it just right.

One thing that occurs to me is to describe it as - "You'll know it when you see (experience) it" or maybe more accurately "You'll know it - shortly after - you see (experience) it"

It's somewhat related to, but, not limited to traditional Dyslexia.

It's more of a mental function (reversed) than necessarily an eyesight function; however, eyesight function can be a factor.

Somehow you know clearly what you're thinking, what you're doing, then somehow when you go back and double check yourself, you find that you had somehow reversed the order of what you had intended.

I plan to get back to this and update/work on the definition some over time. I wanted to get this much out for a start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Tweet